Sterling Silver Tea Set
Six-piece Sterling Silver Tea Set
Harrison Brothers & Howson, Sheffield, 1893-1896
For Leuchars & Son, Geffroy Succr Paris
The set consists of a silver coffee pot, tea pot, sugar pot, cream jug with ivory handles & knobs and burner with stand
The coffee and teapot both have hinged lids
Total weight 1 kilo 897 grams
Tea 23.8 cm (9" 3/8)
Coffee 13 cm (5"1/8)
James Leuchars was a renowned maker established in 1794 in Piccadilly, London.
The firm was awarded the Royal Warrant for their supply of dressing cases to the royal family.
In 1870, Leuchars opened a shop in Paris.
Leuchars was sold to Asprey in 1888 but continued to trade from the Piccadilly address until 1902.
Leuchars won prize medals at the Great Exhibition of 1851, the International Exhibition of 1862, and at the International Exposition of 1867 and 1878 in Paris.